Lacrosse is exciting and fun! The game of lacrosse was created by the Iroquois nearly 1,000 years ago and is a combination of basketball, hockey and soccer - it is also the fastest growing sport in the country!
Registration generally begins mid-December and continues through late January. Be sure to follow MTLLA on social media to be kept up-to-date on registration announcements and introductory clinics.
Youth Girls PRACTICES begin OUTSIDE in March.
- U8 (1st/2nd grade) - Sundays
- U10 (3rd/4th grade) - Tuesdays & Fridays
- U12 (5th/6th grade) - Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays
- U14 (7th/8th grade) - Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays
Please make sure your child wears warms layers during the early season practices.
Youth Girls GAMES are played Saturdays, Sundays and some weeknights.
- Games begin in late March and end in Mid-May.
- ~10 Inter-league games (U10, U12, U14) + 1 tournament/play day (U8, U10, U12, U14)
- Players should arrive at the field 30 minutes prior to games.
- Everyone plays (provided you practice)!
- EMTs at all games.
- Along with uniform/equipment, players MUST also BRING THEIR PRACTICE PINNIE TO EVERY GAME.
Most of our HOME games will take place on Middle Field (Cedar Blvd.) or the "Rockpile" (HS Upper Practice Field). Our AWAY games take place at various local schools up to 1 hour away.
Lebo Girls Youth Lax is a G.O.L.D. League member
- Governing organization for 17 area youth girls lacrosse teams (5 South Hills division, 5 West division, 7 North Hills division).
- Hosts teams from ages 5 to 14 (U8-U14).
- Oversees Scheduling, Rules & Officials.
- Organizes Spring Fling & End-of-Season GOLD tournament.
Players must bring the following items to EVERY GAME & PRACTICE:
- colored mouth guard
- lacrosse stick
- water bottle
- practice pinnie or uniform
Also, check out USA Lacrosse's Youth Lacrosse Equipment Guide and the following equipment recommendations:
- Girls Lacrosse Starter Kits (girls stick, goggles and storage bag) are a great way to get all the right equipment for new laxers!
- Mouthguard and mouthguard case - "Insta-fit" mouth guards are recommended for our 1st and 2nd grade players if there are not used to having a mouth protector in while exercising. 3rd-8th grade players can use whatever type of protective mouthguard they like, but you MUST mold or re-mold your daughter’s mouthguard to their ever-changing mouth shape PRIOR TO THE FIRST PRACTICE! Mouth guards can be any color EXCEPT CLEAR.
- Cleats/Turf shoes (soccer cleats are fine)
- Gloves (optional for cold weather practices/games)
- Navy or black base layers should be worn under game day uniforms in cold weather. (3rd-8th graders)
- Navy or black spandex shorts should be worn under game day uniform kilts in warmer weather. (3rd-8th graders)
- Stick length: For younger players, please consider taking the end cap off your daughter’s standard-length stick shaft and cutting down the length of the stick with a small serrated blade hacksaw. Measure along the length of the player’s arm to know how much to cut. The shaft should run from the tip of the player’s center finger to the back of their shoulder (Add a few inches to account for your daughter’s continuing height increases, so you’re not buying a new stick after every growth spurt!).
The 2022 season fees are as follows: $110 for U8, $160 for U10, $225 for U12, and $255 for U14. These fees goes toward coaching and instruction, field rentals, league dues, coaches’ clearances, referees, EMT fees, tournament fees, website and Team Snap fees, equipment, and more.
An annual $30 Youth membership with USA Lacrosse is also required during registration. With a membership to USA Lacrosse, you will receive lacrosse injury insurance, USA Lacrosse Magazine subscription, access to various USA Lacrosse programs and services.
A uniform & practice pinnie will be required to play. The U8 girls wear navy or black shorts and a reversible gold/navy pinnie. The U10, U12 and U14 girls wear a jersey and navy kilt. A link to the online uniform webstore will be sent out once registration closes each pre-season.
Additional events that Lebo Girls Youth Lax generally participates in each spring season:
- G.O.L.D. League Spring Fling - beginning of each season
- GO.L.D. League End-of-Season Tournament - Mid-May
- Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
- Lebo Girls Youth Lax Recognition Night: Stayed tuned for details about the return of this awesome tradition in Spring 2022!
- We hope to hold an end-of-season party as well!
The structure of our Girls Youth Recreational League Program: all equally divided skill-based squads for U8 (1st/2nd grades), U10 (3rd/4th grades), and U12 (5th/6th grades), and both Competitive and Developmental squads for the U14 (7th/8th grade) level.
It is highly encouraged that children be willing to play every position on the field.
The MTLLA believes that participating in various activities makes for well-rounded and healthy athletes who love what they do. We don’t require our youth players to choose between sports and activities. We do ask that you are considerate of the planning that goes into our seasons and regularly update your availability for games and practices in Team Snap, so the coaches can plan accordingly.
We have a team of USA Lacrosse Level 1 certified and Positive Coaching Alliance trained coaches. We are always looking for experienced lacrosse players in the area who may want to help coach. We will have training opportunities to get interested adults up to speed with the rules and the skills a coach will need.