The primary mission of the Mt. Lebanon Lacrosse Association is to develop student-athletes of character and integrity who will serve as positive members of the lacrosse and school communities and the greater society.
Since its founding in the fall of 1986, Mt. Lebanon Lacrosse has been a perennial powerhouse during the emergence of the sport of lacrosse in Western Pennsylvania. Mt. Lebanon boys and girls high school lacrosse teams have won 17 WPSLA and WPIAL championships and more than 40 Mt. Lebanon boys and girls high school lacrosse players have been named to the USA Lacrosse All-American Team.
We aim to inspire our players to be champions in life through perseverance and discipline while building confidence, self-esteem, life-long friendships and fond memories.
OUR VALUES & GOALS
- Safety First
- Having Fun! (70% of kids drop out of a sport by age 13 because it stops being fun)
- Learning the Game of Lacrosse
- Success (effort, attitude, improvement & winning)
- DISCOVERY & FUNDAMENTALS (U8 & U10): Introduce lacrosse and provide quality instruction, allowing young players to progress with the goal of playing lacrosse for several years.
- FOUNDATIONS & EMERGING COMPETITION (U12 & U14): Provide instruction at the middle school level so that the players are well prepared to play championship level high school lacrosse.
- COMPETITIVE (HS, COLLEGIATE & BEYOND): Support the Mt. Lebanon athletic department and the boys and girls High School lacrosse teams so that they can compete for the WPIAL championship and PIAA playoffs each year.